2012년 10월 1일 월요일

Merlion.

This project was to paint something very contrasting. Something very contrasting to Merlion. I contemplated every aspects of Merlion that could be contrasted. Also, I tried to give contrast in terms of    painting techniques, hues, tones and compositions. Object I chose to paint is a broken chair in the room. I wanted to fully express its loneliness and trivialness. I thought that it could give contrast to the merlion's grandeur and artistic beauty.

For the Merlion's backhground I used dark tones such as purple and black while brighter tones on the chair's side such as yellow and white. In addition, I used impasto techniques on merlion's body to express its hexagonal patterns with sense of movement in contrast to the chair's side where silent mood was created with no sense of movement. Also, in terms of brush techniques, I used watery brush to create smooth surface while waterless and quick brushstrokes on the chair's side to emphasise old and creepy feelings.

I think, on general, I was well focused on the topic of contradiction.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기