2012년 10월 1일 월요일

A Dog of Flanders

A dog of Flanders is one of my favourite book.

I remember the first time I read it and felt very touched.

I always wanted to create an artwork about the story and thought about the most impressive moment I

remember.

'Descends of the cross'


Main character Nello's mere wish was to see Paul Ruben's artwork in the Cathedral of Antwerp.

And I wanted to express that dramatic moment in my way.

I used water colour, colour pencils and pencils to create this artwork.

I encountered several problems as I was not good with water colours and colour pencils.

I purposely magnified the Peter Ruben's painting to emphasis the dramatic scene.

Also, I used one-point perspective technique to make it more realistic. The vanishing point is located at the Jesus' eye. It could be observed by looking at the floor tiles.

It was hard to express the lonely and gloomy feelings that I wanted because the artwork consists vibrant and vivid colours while the theme of the artwork was loneliness and grief.

Thus, on the floor and Nello's side cool colours were used in contrast to the painting's side.

I feel that in general, I think I have created the atmosphere I wanted to depict.


Peter Paul Rubens Baroque Painter and Diplomat (2010) Peter Paul Rubens, [online] Available at: http://hoocher.com/Peter_Paul_Rubens/Peter_Paul_Rubens.htm [Accessed 20th OCT 2012].


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기